Nonfiction texts have many features—headings, boldface type, photos, captions, and so on—that can help readers deepen their understanding of a topic. In this activity, you will help students not only to identify those features but also to understand how each feature can make them better readers!
This mini-lesson includes:
• A set of reproducible bookmarks, just for nonfiction reading!
• "Meet the Nonfiction Bookmark" teacher's lesson page.
• "Meet the Nonfiction Bookmark" student reproducible.
• "Make Predictions" teacher's lesson page.
• "Make Predictions" student graphic organizer reproducible.