While students are sometimes in a rush to read on, stopping to identify the main idea in the text is an effective way to boost comprehension. In this activity, students find the main idea and key supporting details in a text!
This mini-lesson includes:
• A set of reproducible bookmarks, just for nonfiction reading!
• "Meet the Nonfiction Bookmark" teacher's lesson page.
• "Meet the Nonfiction Bookmark" student reproducible.
• "Make Predictions" teacher's lesson page.
• "Make Predictions" student graphic organizer reproducible.