Three activities—plus a sight words poem—to help children learn all about colors!
• Draw Me a Color (objectives)
- to select and use the correct color to draw a picture
- to recognize sight words for colors
• Guess the Color (objectives)
- to write sight words for colors
- to create a color riddle
• Jungle Colors (objectives)
- to match the correct sight word with its color
The poem features words from the Dolch list, a widely recognized list of sight words. Along with the companion activities, the poem presents an opportunity to introduce children to specific elements of language such as parts of speech, word families, and more! Includes a copy of the poem (Color With Me), three activities with reproducibles, plus teaching tips!