Three delightful activities—plus a sight words poem—to help children learn about homophones!
• Syllable Signal (objectives)
- to distinguish between one- and two-syllable sight words
• Syllable Sort (objectives)
- to sort sight words by the number of syllables they contain
- to write sight words that contain one and two syllables
• Syllable Add-Ons (objectives)
- to attach common suffixes to one-syllable sight words
- to create sentences using the new words
The poem features words from the Dolch list, a widely recognized list of sight words. Along with the companion activities, this poem presents an opportunity to introduce children to specific elements of language such as parts of speech, word families, and more! Includes a copy of the poem (Clap Your Hands), three activities, plus teaching tips!