The September holiday of Labor Day makes this month an ideal time to introduce children to Cesar Chavez, champion of rights for American migrant workers!
This unit includes the following:
• an INTRODUCTION that helps to connect the featured person to a particular month, and also supplies background information
• MORE INTERESTING FACTS that focus on the featured person's life, experiences, and accomplishments
• an easy-to-read MINI-BOOK filled with interesting and factual information about the featured person
• a READ-ALOUD PLAY that reinforces children's knowledge about the person and builds fluency
• an ACTIVITY PAGE specific to the featured person that gives kids the opportunity to further reflect on the person's character traits and passions
• RELATED READING - book suggestions that help to build children's background knowledge and understanding of the featured person