In the fanciful text, a little boy notices that the snowman he made the day before looks a little droopy, and he begins to wonder what snowmen do at night!
This comprehensive vocabulary unit is designed to help you use fiction texts in read-alouds. The unit can be adapted to fit the needs of your students, or taught as is. Components of the unit are:
• a brief description of the text
• "Vocabulary for Instruction" (a list of target words)
• additional word lists that suggest specific categories to focus on, such as "Action Words"
• "During Reading" (suggested questions to promote critical thinking and use of target vocabulary)
• "Infusion Activities" (ways to infuse vocabulary instruction from the read-aloud throughout your day)
Also includes steps for designing your own read-aloud vocabulary units!