Solve today's real-world problems with science!
Engage students in learning and applying core science content to solve realistic problems. With this collection of three peer-assisted learning programs, scientists guide students as they gather and analyze data, and work in teams to complete exciting missions. The instructional format enables students to develop a deep understanding that will serve as a foundation for applying science in the real world.
Students Learn These Scientific Concepts:
- What an ecosystem is
- The roles of primary producer, consumer, and decomposer in a food chain
- That many food chains connect within an ecosystem to create a food web
- That all species have a niche or play a role within an ecosystem
- The relationship between predators and prey
- How physical and behavioral adaptations help a species to survive
- That in a stable population, the birth rate and the death rate are about the same over time
- That limiting factors in the environment restrict the growth of populations
- That individuals must survive long enough to reproduce in order for a population to survive
- That some of the things that threaten the survival of all living things are competition for food, disease, predators, and human activities
This Science Seekers Title Includes:
- A Mac/Win CD-ROM
- Teacher's Guide with lesson plans and assessments
- 4 student booklets.