View Sample Pages
Everything you need to set up and manage the best routines and practices for young learners. From shared reading to snack time, literacy centers to outdoor play, this book provides all the step-by-steps to make teaching in a Pre-K or Kindergarten classroom a success. 128 pages.Click here to learn more about Scholastic Professional
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher, to view and print the sample page above. Get Adobe Reader®
Set Up for Classroom Visits
Before the children and their parents visit your classroom, make sure you:
• Tag cubbies with the children’s names.
• Label spots on the wall where student artwork will be displayed.
• Post a sign outside the door that indicates who “lives” in this classroom. List all the children’s names.
• Hang an attendance chart with every child’s name.
• Mark other places with children’s names, where appropriate.
Personalizing the space this way makes it clear that you are expecting every child and that there are places throughout the room just for him or her!