This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
Visit the Scholastic Guided Reading Programs website
for more information.
Scholastic Guided Reading Programs deliver the materials you need to help ALL students become strategic and independent readers who love to read! The programs were created and carefully leveled by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell, America's leading authority on guided reading. The instruction aligns to No Child Left Behind, including rigorous guided practice in comprehension, phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, and fluency. The Guided Reading system for book leveling assigns each book a letter (A-Z) based on the degree of challenge it represents.
Our Guided Reading Content Areas Program enhances students' knowledge in Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics and builds reading skills! Fill your guided reading sessions with rich content while you develop essential vocabulary, build background knowledge, and develop strategic reading skills.
The program features:
Each Leveled Library Includes:
- Titles aligned to content area standards in Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics.
- Carefully leveled books that give students access to critical knowledge.
- Lesson plans that develop important skills for reading informational text.
- A Teacher's Guide written by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell.
Guided Reading Content Areas Level R:
- 60 Trade Books (6 copies of 10 titles)
- Teacher's Guide by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell
- 10 Teaching Cards with instructional suggestions for each title
- Leveling Stickers for identifying leveled books
- Attractive Storage Box
Books in this level contain sophisticated vocabulary to challenge readers; some of the longer chapter books require sustained reading effort over several sittings; books represent a range of times in history.
Level R titles*:
- Food Chains
- Octopuses, Squids, and Cuttlefish
- Can't You Make Them Behave, King George?
- George Washington
- The Great Fire
- John Quincy Adams
- O, Say Can You See? America's Symbols, Landmarks, and Important Words
- Thomas Jefferson
- Where Was Patrick Henry on the 29th of May?
*Titles are subject to availability.