This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
Visit the Scholastic Guided Reading Programs website
for more information.
Scholastic Guided Reading Programs deliver the materials you need to help ALL students become strategic and independent readers who love to read! The programs were created and carefully leveled by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell, America's leading authority on guided reading. The instruction aligns to No Child Left Behind, including rigorous guided practice in comprehension, phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, and fluency. The Guided Reading system for book leveling assigns each book a letter (A-Z) based on the degree of challenge it represents.
Guided Reading Nonfiction Focus Program* will enrich your reading curriculum with both nonfiction titles (60%) and fiction titles (40%) in an exciting array of genres. This targeted, purposeful instruction is ideal for student success on standardized tests. With this carefully designed program and your support, every student can achieve reading fluency.
Guided Reading Nonfiction Focus Level R (Grades 4-5)
- Books in his level contain sophisticated vocabulary to challenge readers. Titles include: Listening to Crickets Ranson, Brian's Winter Paulsen, The Last Princess Stanley, In Their Own Words: Lewis and Clark Sullivan, Pigs Might Fly King-Smith, Draw Me a Story Winter, And Then What Happened, Paul Revere? Fritz, A Jar of Dreams Uchida, Journey to Ellis Island Bierman, The Tortoise Shell and Other African Stories Smith
- Some of the longer books require sustained reading effort over several sittings.
- Books represent a range of times in history.
*100% of the Guided Reading Nonfiction Focus Edition titles are different from the best-selling Guided Reading Fiction Focus Edition titles.
Each Leveled Library Includes:
- 60 Trade Books (6 copies of 10 titles)
- Expanded Teacher's Guide by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell which includes detailed lists of student behaviors to support at each level.
- 10 Book Cards with instructional suggestions for each title
- Leveling Stickers for identifying leveled books
- Attractive Storage Box