This illustration-packed guide will help every child learn and remember 100 challenging words!
For each word you'll find:
• a simple pronunciation
• a kid-friendly definition
• an example of how to use the word in a sentence
• a fun illustration that further scaffolds kids' understanding
The book is divided into categories of five words each. The words are related in some way, such as:
- the words may have related meanings
- they may share the same Latin or Greek root
- they may be a good way to describe something
Each category is followed with an activity sheet that brings all of the related words together, and give kids the multiple exposures to each word. PLUS, there is a handy checklist so kids can track their growing word power! 128 pages.
A checklist of all 100 words and their definitions is provided, along with a handy "Quiz Yourself!" sheet, that can be placed over the definitions—encourage kids to test themselves to see how many words they know! They might find that they know a few right away, and many more after a week or two of studying and using the words!