Disc 1 (67 minutes) provides important background on the TRAIT model along with scoring tips, rubric, detailed lessons, management tips, teacher interviews, and student comments covering the Ideas and Organization traits.
Disc 2 (67 minutes) focuses in detail on the Voice, Word Choice, Sentence Fluency, Conventions, and Presentation traits. For each trait you’ll find:
• Key Qualities—definition and explanation
• Assessment Roundtables—teacher discussions that use scoring guides to assess student papers at different levels
• Focus Lessons—teachers and students in classroom at work with lessons designed to teach key skills related to each of the traits
• A Closer Look—teacher elaboration on important strategies for teaching writing using the TRAIT model: using student-friendly scoring guides; using R.A.F.T.S prompts; using literature to teach writing.
• Classroom Management Tips—teacher and student interviews on how to organize and implement the trait model in the classroom
A Professional Study Guide that you can put to work right away! The 72-page guide provides background information on the TRAIT model, reproducible scoring guides and writing samples, lesson plan reproducibles, FAQs and answers, and other materials perfect for staff development.
• 2 DVDs (67 minutes each)
• 72-page Professional Study Guide