View Sample Pages
This thoughtful guide offers lessons and strategies for all stages of writing nonfiction: collecting information from print and nonprint sources, evaluating and analyzing the data, and sharing it with authentic audiences in meaningful ways. Complete with rubrics, planning sheets, student models, and assessment ideas, this book presents scaffolded lessons for writing essays, articles, biographies, and more. Woven throughout are suggestions for integrating technology into the writing and publishing processes and high-level questions that encourage collaboration and problem-solving—all components of true 21st-century literacy and ways to develop critical thinkers and effective writers.
This book is paired with oodles of reproducible materials in digital form! 144 pages CD.Click here to learn more about Scholastic Professional
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher, to view and print the sample page above. Get Adobe Reader®
To help you make the most of each and every lesson, tips for using technological tools (such as those below) are provided throughout the book!
• Visual Presenters (ELMO, SMART Document Camera, and more)
• Graphic Organizer Programs (Inspiration, SMART Ideas, or websites such as Gliffy and Mindmeister)
• Interactive Whiteboard (SMART Boards, Prometheans)
• Student Response Systems (individual handheld units used to record students response)
• Videoconferencing Equipment