View Sample Pages
Teaching grammar becomes fun and interactive with this resource that uses the SMART Board’s features to actively engage students in meaningful learning. Lessons cover a range of topics including run-on sentences, comma splices, helping verbs, verb tense, confusing verb pairs, singular and plural nouns, possessive nouns, prepositional phrases, and more. Reproducible practice pages support on-the-board instruction. A great way to help students improve their grammar and writing skills! 64 pages + CD.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher, to view and print the sample page above. Get Adobe Reader® for FREE.
Each lesson includes the following:
• a critical question designed to focus the learning
• a warm-up to motivate students and activate their prior knowledge (Marzano, 2003)
• a step-by-step instructional guide that utilizes modeling (Marzano, 2007)
• guided and independent practice for students (Marzano, 2007)
• a wrap-up to help students summarize their learning (Marzano, 2010)
• a writing connection that connects the grammatical concept to writing, when