Birds of prey are excellent hunters with sharp vision and excellent smell. Find out about these animals with super senses. You may be surprised by what you learn about birds like vultures and owls in this fact-filled title.
This intriguing series takes readers up close and inside some of the scariest creatures ever. Special X-ray pages will captivate young readers as they get an inside and up close view of the skeleton, internal organs, and eggs of a bird of prey. Colorful illustrations "call out" each creature's unique features, and "Did You Know" questions introduce fascinating facts and explode common myths.
Readers will enjoy beautiful illustrations and full-color photographs while discovering basic facts about birds of prey, such as how they fly and what they eat. Includes a fun world map of where birds of prey species can be found.
• Includes glossary and index.
• Special X-ray pages let readers get an "inside" look at a bird of prey's anatomy.
• Includes fun fact boxes.
• High interest topic for young readers.
• Includes a fun world map of where bird to prey species can be found.
• Grade K-4 Science- Life Science- The characteristics of organisms
• Organisms have basic needs.
• Each plant or animal has different structures that serve different functions in growth, survival, and reproduction
• Life cycles of organisms
• Plants and animals have life cycles that include being born, developing into adults, reproducing, and eventually dying.
• Organisms and environments
• An organism's patterns of behavior are related to the nature of that organism's environment.