In this Artists in Their Time book, the author does indeed tell of the rich and varied influences of Paul Gauguin's time on his art. Through descriptions of his art and information about his life, readers also learn how friends and family shaped Gauguin and his work.
The life and times of the world's greatest artists are meticulously chronicled in Artists in Their Time. From the classical to the contemporary, from impressionism to pop art, this superb series covers it all: detailed biographical information, the artistic and social periods in which the artist painted, events and inspirations that influenced the artist, and specifics about each artist's style.
Reproductions of at least 11 famous paintings by the artist featured, fact boxes highlighting key points of interest or a comparison with another painting or another artist, plus timelines that place each artist's life and work in the context of what was happening in the outside world provide middle-grade students with a broad-based foundation for understanding and appreciating art throughout history and in their own time.
• Includes biographical information and analysis of the artistic/social periods in which the artist painted
• Features reproductions of at least 11 paintings per book, in chronological order
• Fact boxes highlight key points of interest
• Timelines place artist's work in the context of what was happening in the world
• Provides a broad-based understanding of art appreciation