This book discusses the formation and characteristics of volcanoes, the causes and effects of their eruptions, and describes specific volcanic eruptions such as that of Mount St. Helens in 1980.
This series is the definitive collection of informational books for intermediate middle grade readers. Watts Library books span all subjects, including animals, space, American Indians, U.S. history, geography, cutting-edge sports, and more!
• Maps, charts, and graphs created expressly for Watts Library
• Sidebars highlighting fast facts, quick biographies, and other extracted information
• Time line (in all social studies titles)
• "To Find Out More" (books, organizations, websites, films/videos, audio)
• "Note on Sources" (a note from the author describing his or her research materials and processes)