Get down and dirty with this introduction to one of our most important resources. Learn how soil is formed, what it's made of, what it's used for, and how we can protect it from dangers like erosion and pollution.
• Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
• Covers all studies, from Animals to Geography to Science
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• "Learning More" section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy
Common Core Alignment:
RI.3.5. Use text features and search tools (e.g., key words, sidebars, hyperlinks) to locate information relevant to a given topic efficiently.