This book describes the destruction caused by the eruption of Mount St. Helens in 1980, the slow return of plant and animal life, and the special area set aside to study this renewal.
• Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
• Covers all studies, from Animals to Geography to Science
• "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
• "Learning More" section encourages independent study
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy
Common Core Alignment:
RI.4.6. Compare and contrast a firsthand and secondhand account of the same event or topic; describe the differences in focus and the information provided.