Franklin Delano Roosevelt didn’t let the attack of polio that left him partially paralyzed stop him from being a great leader. He became America’s longest-serving president, and led the country through the Great Depression and World War II.
Looking for biographies that are suitable for emergent readers — and relevant to the primary-school curriculum? Rookie Biographies is the answer! Identical in design and format to the popular Rookie Read-About Science, Geography, and Holiday series, each new Rookie Biographies introduces children to the lives and achievements of pioneering men and women from diverse cultures, eras, and fields. Featuring simple text and full-color photographs, a "Words You Know" glossary, and an easy-to-use index, Rookie Biographies helps readers get to know the people who shaped our world.
• Age-appropriate vocabulary
• Clear linkage between text and photos
• Includes archival reproductions where appropriate
• Positioned in the middle Early Intervention range
• Comprehensive glossary of "Words You Know"
• Index makes navigating subject matter easy