In this comprehensive resource, reading specialist Wiley Blevins, the author of the best-selling Phonics From A to Z: A Practical Guide, offers a wealth of research-based strategies and systematic, easy-to-implement activities to aid teachers in teaching essential phonics skills and helping young learners become confident and successful readers. Designed to work with any reading program, the step-by-step lesson ideas and engaging reproducible and interactive whiteboard activities provide powerful and purposeful practice opportunities for students.
This 550-page binder that includes:
• Sample teaching schedules, lessons, and instructional routines that streamline instruction and create consistent classroom practices
• 68 units that focus on alphabet skills, such as phonemic awareness, letter recognition, letter-writing practice, letter sequence, and letter-sound relationships, as well as other phonics skills, including short vowels, consonant blends and digraphs, long vowels, complex vowels, and word study that focus on blending letter-sounds to form words; building, sorting, and spelling words; and fluency practice
• Whole-class, small group, and independent practice activities
• Ready-to-use learning centers, interactive stories, word-building and sorting activities, reproducible patterns, fluency-building speed drills, and more
• Phonemic awareness, alphabet, and phonics assessments
• 250+ lessons and activities, adapted for the interactive whiteboard 604 pages + CD.