Three delightful activities—plus a sight words poem—to help children understand synonyms!
• Super Synonyms (objectives)
- to understand that synonyms are words with similar meanings
- to brainstorm synonyms for target sight words
- to recognize that synonyms can have different degrees of meaning
• Odd Word Out (objectives)
- to identify synonyms for target sight words
- to choose the word that does not belong to a set of synonyms
- to state a synonym that belongs to a set of synonyms
• Synonym Pairs (objectives)
- to rewrite the poem "The Little, Little Man" with synonyms
The poem features words from the Dolch list, a widely recognized list of sight words. Along with the companion activities, this poem presents an opportunity to introduce children to specific elements of language such as parts of speech, word families, and more! Includes a copy of the poem (The Little, Little Man), three activities, a reproducible, plus teaching tips!