Three delightful activities—plus a sight words poem—to help children learn about same beginning sound words (tongue twisters)!
• Tongue Twister Towns (objectives)
- to identify the initial consonant sound repeated in tongue twisters containing sight words
- to create and illustrate original tongue twisters
• Tongue Twister Tales (objectives)
- to create cooperative oral stories using same initial consonant words
• Tangled Tongue Twisters (objectives)
- to use syntactic and semantic cues to unscramble tongue twisters
The poem features words from the Dolch list, a widely recognized list of sight words. Along with the companion activities, this poem presents an opportunity to introduce children to specific elements of language such as parts of speech, word families, and more! Includes a copy of the poem (Terrific Tongue Twisters), three activities, a reproducible, plus teaching tips!