Three activities-plus a sight words poem-to help children learn to recognize and create prepositional phrases!
• Where Is Everyone? (objectives)
- to recognize and create prepositional phrases using sight words in a song
• Design a Room (objectives)
- to orally describe a room, using sight word prepositions
- to write a descriptive paragraph, using prepositions
• What Am I? (objectives)
- to use sight words in prepositional phrases
- to guess classroom objects based on location
The poem features words from the Dolch list, a widely recognized list of sight words. Along with the companion activities, this poem presents an opportunity to introduce children to specific elements of language such as parts of speech, word families, and more! Includes a copy of the poem (My Game), three activities, plus teaching tips!