First Little Readers: Birthday Surprise (Leve...
Thank you! We will contact you when the item is available.
Your order will ship on or around the release date
This delightful, four-color First Little Reader correlates to Guided Reading Level A, and includes the following features:
• consistent text placement on each page
• one to two lines of text per page
• short sentences with repetitive sentence structure
• repeated and recognizable high-frequency sight words
• rhyming text to build recognition of word families and other phonics skills
• engaging illustrations that closely match the text
• a familiar story theme that connects to children"s experiences and interests
• a draw-and-write reproducible page to extend the learning!
How to use this product:
Before Reading: Take a picture walk through the book with children and invite them to tell what they think the book will be about, make connections to their own experiences, and identify familiar and unfamiliar words. Discuss strategies readers use to decode unfamiliar words, such as finding beginning or ending sounds, breaking the word into parts, and using picture clues. Provide background for any concepts in the book that might be unfamiliar to children.
First Little Readers: Birthday Surprise (Level A)