July, the month in which the Bell Telephone Company was formed in 1877, is the perfect time to turn the spotlight on the inventor of the telephone—Alexander Graham Bell!
This unit includes the following:
• an INTRODUCTION that helps to connect the featured person to a particular month, and also supplies background information
• MORE INTERESTING FACTS that focus on the featured person's life, experiences, and accomplishments
• an easy-to-read MINI-BOOK filled with interesting and factual information about the featured person
• a READ-ALOUD PLAY that reinforces children's knowledge about the person and builds fluency
• an ACTIVITY PAGE specific to the featured person that gives kids the opportunity to further reflect on the person's character traits and passions
• RELATED READING - book suggestions that help to build children's background knowledge and understanding of the featured person