Discover practical strategies for supporting and assessing writing instruction in all content areas while equipping teachers with instructional practices that emphasize this critical skill, which students need to adapt to the demands of the CCSS and thrive in the 21st century. This guide offers the pedagogical expertise every administrator needs to serve as an effective leader.
This book will help principals:
• Assess the teaching and learning of writing at the school- and district-level.
• Acquire best practices for step-by-step assessment to evaluate students and staff.
• Align current practices with the Common Core State Standards.
• Understand the importance of writing for students’ academic and lifelong success.
• Explore the link between reading skills and students’ writing skills.
A Joint Publication with Solution Tree and NAESP