build proficient readers of informational text as students read deeply and widely on an array of science and social studies topics. Teachers will love the 'hands on' material and feel confident about how to integrate the Common Core State Standards into their reading instruction.
Each grade–level selection offers four individual subject packs, available separately. Each subject pack* includes 55 trade paperbacks and helps teachers integrate the CCSS into reading instruction through:
• Read Aloud (1 title, 1 copy)
• Anchor Text (1 title, 30 copies)
• Supporting Texts (4 titles, 6 copies each)
• 4 text–based skill–building sheets for students (1 per supporting text and each noted with the specific CCSS ELA standard addressed)
• Teacher Implementation Letter with Essential Question Prompts, Suggested Writing Topics and more
• Book bin
Text Sets are essential for every K–6 classroom, and align with the CCSS by:
• Engaging the whole class on a single topic
• Modeling a close reading of a text
• Deepening subject knowledge by reading across multiple texts
• Providing opportunities for text–dependent responses from students
Text Sets optimize every classroom reading opportunity, and its flexible configuration is ideal for whole class teaching, small group instruction, and independent reading.
Order all four subject packs in each grade for a total of 220 books per grade level.
*(The Kindergarten pack includes math too.)
See below for complete list of titles. Appropriate titles of equal value may be substituted if any of the listed titles are unavailable at shipping time.
• Abraham Lincoln
• Abraham Lincoln (skills sheet)
• Betsy Ross
• Betsy Ross (skills sheet)
• Classroom Books Library Bin—2 Bins
• George Washington
• George Washington (skills sheet)
• George Washington Carver
• Let's Read About... Martin Luther King, Jr.
• Text Set Implement Letter Gr K Famous Americans
• Up, Up, and Away: The Story of Amelia Earhart
• Up, Up, and Away: The Story of Amelia Earhart (skills sheet)
RELATED SUBJECTS: Reading