This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
Create summer reading experiences for your classroom students!
Each classroom set includes:
• Classroom bundle of (30) 5-book packs for grades K-8 featuring fiction and nonfiction titles
• Think Sheets – with content specific to each title, Think Sheets further skill development and reinforce learning. Aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
• Summer Reading Journals – contains age-appropriate writing prompts that meet Common Core State Standards and encourage reflection and text citations
• Program Guide – User friendly guide offer everything needed to plan and implement a summer reading take-home program, including: implementation plans, summer reading research, etc. Downloadable online.
Click here to learn more about My Books Summer.
Common Core Alignment:
My Books Summer: Address the Common Core State Standards and Prevent Summer Reading Loss.
As educators who care deeply about your students’ academic success, it’s reassuring to know that—even over the summer, away from school—your students can reap the benefits of both independent reading and the Common Core. My Books Summer is a simple yet effective way to meet the essential requirements of the Common Core.
Ten Requirements of the Common Core Supported by My Books Summer:
1. Engage With High Quality Fiction and Nonfiction
2. Encourage Voluminous Independent Reading
3. Provide Critical Content and Build Knowledge
4. Promote Close Reading and Help Students Cite Text Evidence
5. Write About Reading and Write From Sources
6. Discover Research: Build and Present Knowledge
7. Introduce and Reinforce Academic Vocabulary
8. Encourage Collaborative Conversations
9. Practice Foundational Reading and Writing Skills
10. Develop Intellectual Curiosity, Multiple Perspectives, and Deep Engagement with Reading
The Common Core State Standards (CCSS) aim to help all students, kindergarten through grade 12 develop a common core of knowledge and skills so they graduate high school with a high quality education, well-prepared for college or careers. Again and again, the research demonstrates that students who learn to read, write, and talk about books, in the ways in which My Books Summer recommends and makes possible—become engaged learners, successful students, and deep thinkers—for life!