Please be sure to include the corresponding Grade K Mentor Package (560501) in your cart. FREE Mentor materials when you order for 25 students or more! Based on a ratio of 1 mentor to 25 students.
children will be excited about these fiction and nonfiction titles that cover topics reflecting their families, friends, communities, and concerns.
Scholastic R.E.A.L. is a read-aloud mentoring program designed to inspire students and build literacy skills.
Scholastic R.E.A.L. is a program devoted to giving school districts and community-based organizations the tools needed to recruit, encourage and equip mentors to foster literacy skills.
How it works:
Recruit: District and school leaders recruit volunteers within the community to mentor students and to support their literacy development.
READ: R.E.A.L. mentors read aloud in selected classrooms and community centers for an hour each month. Each mentor has one class of students in a grade from Kindergarten through Grade 7.
Inspire: Mentors read and discuss up to seven books during their class visits. Students receive their own personal copies of up to seven books.
The outcomes are significant:
• Reading practice, motivation and improvement
• Improved self esteem
• Ongoing and consistent community engagement
• Relevant connections to the real world
• Scholastic R.E.A.L. Student Pack — Happy Birthday Martin Luther King
• Scholastic R.E.A.L. Student Pack — How Dinosaurs Go To School
• Scholastic R.E.A.L. Student Pack — The Low-Down, Bad-Day Blues
• Scholastic R.E.A.L. Student Pack — The Runaway Mittens
Click here to learn more about the Scholastic R.E.A.L. Mentoring Program.