The Optimistic Classroom Libraries
feature the best in children’s literature with stories that convey hope, gratitude, and acts of kindness. Share these books with your students to encourage important values and create a classroom culture that respects differences, enjoys collaboration, and honors cooperation.
Research shows that when children are able to recognize and manage their emotions, make responsible decisions, and develop concern for others, they learn to resolve conflict respectfully and help to create a relaxed and positive classroom environment.
Each grade-specific collection contains 10 terrific titles that help students build awareness of others and themselves. This will contribute to better classroom management and strengthen each child’s sense of social and emotional well-being.
The Optimistic Classroom Libraries:
• Use authentic literature to model good behavior.
• Provide an opportunity to discuss how to handle challenging situations constructively.
• Encourage students to be mindful of their actions.
See below for complete list of titles. Appropriate titles of equal value may be substituted if any of the listed titles are unavailable at shipping time.
• A Cat and a Dog / Un gato y un perro
• Feeling Thankful
• A Good Night Walk
• The Greatest Gymnast of All
• Gregory, the Terrible Eater
• Grumpy Bird
• Handa's Surprise
• My Friends
• The Pig of Happiness
RELATED SUBJECTS: Reading