This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
Authored by Fountas & Pinnell,
Guided Reading Text Types
is designed to show students that reading comes in many forms — from picture books to graphic novels to plays to short stories, memoirs and free verse — that can help shape the kind of readers they’ll become and let them discover their favorite texts. Best of all, built-in everyday literacy features connect classroom reading to a variety of real-world, informational texts.
Guided Reading Text Types:
• Encourages students to discover different genres and their favorite literature
• Differentiates instruction for all students
• Includes NAEP-aligned procedural, expository and persuasive writings
• Links classroom content to real-world, functional texts
• No title overlap between Guided Reading Programs!
• More Genres/Text Types than ever – 80% Fiction, 20% Nonfiction
• Brand new titles including Plays, Biographies, Graphic Novels and more
• Storage Bins included with every level.
• Revised & Expanded 176-page Teacher’s Guide written by Fountas & Pinnell featuring 6 NEW sections addressing:
- New Standards
- Response to Intervention
- Connections to Everyday Literacy
• Running Records for every level
• Behavioral Observation Assessments
• Reproducible Reading Logs
• Skills & Strategies Chart
• Additional Book Lists
• Reproducible Genre Bookmarks in English and Spanish
• Colonial Times
• The Dodgeball Chronicles
• It Only Looks Easy
• Life in the Oceans
• Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Red-Headed League
• The Word Eater
• The Wright 3
Visit the Scholastic Guided Reading Program website for more information.