This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
Zoom in on essential close reading! Bringing high-quality fiction to today’s multi-platform classroom, Guided Reading Short Reads Digital Fiction enables students and teachers to use interactive features within texts to enhance and optimize small group instruction. It gives students the opportunity for close reading, focusing on the text at a sentence and paragraph level—sustained across a short passage.
Teacher Support includes:
• Lessons designed to orchestrate purposeful repeated close readings of each text
• Comprehensive guidance for the selection of developmentally appropriate texts that both challenge students and reinforce existing skills
• Writing prompts that can be used to assess student comprehension in each genre
Managing Guided Reading Groups is Easy with NEW Digital Tools!
• Record texts read and guided reading level for groups and individual students
• Generate reports of group and student guided reading levels and skills covered
• Search feature to select texts by guided reading level, text type, genre, or skill
Each Short Reads Guided Reading level includes:
• 10 Student eCards at each guided reading level
• Compelling fiction
• Opportunities for deep, critical reading
• Lessons for each eCard
Guided Reading Short Reads Digital is a site license, renewable annually. Three school sizes are available:
Small: 249 students or less.
Medium: 250—500 students.
Large: 500+ students.