Scholastic’s Guided Reading Nonfiction Focus: 2nd Edition
offers enormous collections of high-quality nonfiction titles. This 2nd Edition is packed with new nonfiction books and instructional resources that explicitly support the Common Core with strategically challenging texts in a complex text continuum.
• More Nonfiction than ever: 80% nonfiction titles, 20% fiction titles
• Teacher’s Guide with NEW sections addressing:
• Common Core State Standards
• Prompts and strategies to support problem-solving
• Activities for Literacy Centers
• Analysis of Informational Text Features
• Brand new titles!
• CCSS Exemplar Texts
PLUS CCSS-aligned Instruction Featuring…
• Opportunities for extensive reading of nonfiction texts
• Carefully leveled texts focusing on content, academic and domain-specific vocabulary, and language complexity
• Targeted instruction to scaffold students’ abilities to read and understand increasingly complex nonfiction content and informational text features
• Instructional materials that include text-dependent questions and prompts to guide deep discussion and thinking
Visit the Scholastic Guided Reading Program website for more information.