This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
Strong reading skills are vital to every aspect of children’s education, and their reading abilities will affect their future achievement in science, social studies, and math.
Guided Reading Content Areas
helps you develop content-area knowledge while building reading skills, and provides access to a broad and exciting array of authentic texts.
The program Features:
• Titles aligned to content area standards in: Science–45%, Social Studies–40%, and Mathematics–15%.
• Carefully leveled books that give students access to critical knowledge.
• Lesson plans that develop important skills for reading informational text.
• A Teacher's Guide co-authored by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell and Dr. Irene Fountas .
• 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
• Bat 6
• Beyond Belief
• The Disaster of the Hindenburg
• Flight #116 Is Down*
• The Greatest: Muhammad Ali
• Guys Write for Guys Read
• Memories of Vietnam
• To Be a Slave*
• We Shall Not Be Moved
Visit the Scholastic Guided Reading Program website for more information.