Stretch your dollars and extend your students’ learning with a comprehensive summer reading solution. Save more than $45!
Scholastic’s COMPREHENSIVE SUMMER READING SOLUTION PACKS combine our family literacy events and summer reading take-home books to provide a robust summer learning experience. Our packs provide educators with tools and resources to help families mitigate the summer reading loss and engage students in the joy of independent reading.
Scholastic Literacy Events Summer Reading features tools and interactive activities that empower families to develop their children’s reading skills while fostering a culture of literacy at home.
My Books Summer Take-Home Packs build home libraries and provide students with engaging books and activities to reinforce key learning skills during the summer months.
Each comprehensive summer reading solution kit includes:
• Classroom Bundle of (30) 5-Book Packs for grades PreK–5.
• Think Sheets – with content specific to each title. Think Sheets further skill development and reinforce learning and are aligned to the Common Core State Standards.
• Summer Reading Journal – contains age-appropriate writing prompts that meet Common Core State Standards and encourage reflection and text citations.
• Summer-Themed High-Interest Books – two copies of a read-aloud book to share during the literacy event. One copy is for the classroom library and the other is for each family to take home.
• Planning Guide – a must-have for teachers and other educators. Each guide includes detailed planning, group management, read aloud and activity information. There is one planning guide per kit.
• Classroom Poster and Banners – to display on the day of the event to greet participants
• Family Tip Sheets – tip sheets with reading milestones for the summer to bridge students to the next grade.
• Activity Cards – these three cards feature prompts to use with the read-aloud book, suggestions for holding a review discussion, plus four additional activities that participants can do on a rotating basis.
• Participation Certificate