Classroom Management: 24 Strategies Every Teacher Needs to Know
A former classroom teacher, principal, and superintendent, David Adamson offers his most effective and easy-to-use strategies for organizing and managing classrooms that support students' learning and achievement. Written with both new and experienced teachers in mind, this classroom-tested approach helps teachers prevent behavior problems and effectively intervene when they do occur. Adamson shows teachers how to focus and maintain their students' attention, maximize instructional time, increase student participation, set clear expectations for classroom rules and procedures, encourage a respectful learning environment, and more.
How to use this product:
Structuring Your Practice
The strategies described in this book are derived from some basic assumptions about behavior:
• Prevention is more effective than intervention.
• A positive relationship is your most powerful management tool.
• There is no substitute for good instruction.
• Effective interventions are those that change behavior while preserving the dignity of both students and teachers.
• Professionalism is a key to establishing yourself as an effective classroom manager.
RELATED SUBJECTS: Classroom Management