Marc Chagall, born Moyshe Segal in western Russia, was one of the most renowned artists of the 20th century. This book details his life, his art, his inspirations, and the events of the times that affected his work.
The life and times of the world's greatest artists are meticulously chronicled in "Artists in Their Time." From the classical to the contemporary, from impressionism to pop art, this superb series covers it all: detailed biographical information, the artistic and social periods in which the artist painted, events and inspirations that influenced the artist, and specifics about each artist's style.
Reproductions of at least 11 famous paintings by the artist featured, fact boxes highlighting key points of interest or a comparison with another painting or another artist, plus timelines that place each artist's life and work in the context of what was happening in the outside world provide middle-grade students with a broad-based foundation for understanding and appreciating art throughout history and in their own time.
• Includes biographical information and analysis of the artistic/social periods in which the artist painted
• Features reproductions of at least 11 paintings per book, in chronological order
• Fact boxes highlight key points of interest
• Timelines place artist's work in the context of what was happening in the world
• Provides a broad-based understanding of art appreciation