In this book, readers can learn about the land, history, people, government, and economics of California as well as discover what the state offers for tourists.
America the Beautiful, Third Series is bursting with fascinating facts, up-to-date statistics, glorious full-color photographs, and unusual lists guaranteed to elicit at least one WOW! with the turn of every page. Its new dynamic design and editorial approach to the geography, history, people, economy, and government of each state will continue to make this award-winning series the one that students turn to first for researching school assignments.
This third edition takes an updated look at Minnesota, discussing the history, geography, people, government, and economy of this state, and also presents a travel guide.
• New dynamic design and updated text and statistics
• “Project Room” feature offers ideas for standards-based school assignments
• Freshly designed TOC with visual annotations immediately engages readers
• Primary sources appear throughout with explanations of what they are and how to cite them
• Author's Tips and Source Notes
• Content-area vocabulary words defined on page
• New features such as "Weird Laws," WOW Factor, and "Picture Yourself" make "America the Beautiful, Third Series" a standout in state series books.
• Includes original art, full-color photography, words to know, FAQs, mini-bios, interactive sidebars, maps, and graphs
RI.4.7. Interpret information presented visually, orally, or quantitatively (e.g., in charts, graphs, diagrams, time lines, animations, or interactive elements on Web pages) and explain how the information contributes to an understanding of the text in which it appears.