Valentine’s Day should be a day of love and sweets — and just because often Valentine cards are exchanged in elementary school doesn’t mean that the celebration should end there.
Valentine’s Day can — and should — be celebrated by kids of all ages. We’ve done some searching and have gathered our best, top-notch Valentine books and ideas, and we have them right here for you.
Any time we are able to sneak in some extra reading or writing, it’s a win. Use this heart-happy holiday to get the little cupids in your life practicing their skills and, in some cases, sharing them with the ones they love.
This list is continually growing, though, so be sure to check back to our Scholastic Parents Facebook page for more!
Book lists you don’t want to miss:
- Picture Books for Valentine's Day
- Books of Love for Ages 4-7
- Valentine's Stories for Ages 8-10
- Tween Books of Love for Ages 10-13
- 10 YA Romance Novels That Won’t Make You Blush for Ages 10-13
Remember, too, to use our Book Wizard for searching for books any time of the year.
Valentine’s Day Printables:
- Fill-in-the-Blank Valentines
- Connect-the-Dots Cupid
- Valentine’s Day Word Search
- Valentine’s Day Letter Activity
- Valentine’s Day Send a Letter
Read and Write:
- Read I Love You Through and Through by Bernadette Rosetti-Shustak and then write a Valentine with this printable
- Read Clifford’s Valentine by Norman Bridwell and then complete the Clifford’s My Fur-Ever Coloring Sheet
- Read Valentines: A Read and Do Book by Judith Moffat and make Valentines!
Write and Read:
- Write a Valentine’s Day Mini Book and then practice reading it!
And before you get started, read our six steps for sharing your book love with your kids — it’s all about being a reading role model, friends!
Want to throw a Valentine’s Day Party? Check out our Red Hearts Party ideas. And don’t forget to complete the party with all of the Valentine’s Day snacks your heart desires!
Share your own Valentine’s Day books and ideas on the Scholastic Parents Facebook page and let’s continue the conversation!