Okay, so my own kids are my favorite kids, hands down.
But my nieces and nephews come in for a really, really close second. And right now, these little loves are the babies in my life. At 4, 2, and 1 year old, these guys are truly babies compared to my own 11-, 9-, and 7-year-olds!
How time flies!
So what are my favorite babies reading right now? It may surprise you. I know it surprised me! It's quite a mix of old and new books on a wide range of topics.
When I asked my three sisters to share their kids' favorite books, their answers were:
For the 1-year-old:
• How Do I Love You? by Marion Dane Bower, illustrated by Caroline Jayne Church
• Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
• The Napping House by Audrey Wood, illustrated by Don Wood
For the 18-month-old:
• Ten Little Babies by Gyo Fujikawa
• Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins
• Nobunny's Perfect by Anna Dewney
For the 2-year-old and 4-year-old:
• The Truck Book by Harry McNaught
• Pickle Things by Marc Brown
• The Spooky Wheels on the Bus by J. Elizabeth Mills
• The Night Before Mother's Day; The Night Before St. Patrick's Day; The Night Before Easter, all by Natasha Wing
I think the really cool thing here is that even at such a young age, these kids have favorite books—books they turn to each and every day, multiple times a day. Books that make them smile, bring them comfort, and are part of their daily routines.
That is awesome!
And on top of it all, these books are building a foundation for literacy and reading in their lives, bringing families closer and creating memories to last a lifetime.
What are your favorite little ones reading right now? We'd love to know!