Is your child ready to make the exciting leap from early readers but not quite ready for traditional chapter books? Fill the gap with Branches, a unique line of books specifically designed to meet the needs of young readers.
Here are 4 things you need to know about Branches:
1. Patrick Daly, Senior Vice President and Publisher of Scholastic’s Classroom and Community Group, says, “The greatest need in reading today is bridging our children from picture books to grade level text.” Branches books help kids make this transition by featuring the perfect blend of text and illustration, stretching their reading stamina, and—most importantly—keep them reaching for the next book!
2. Branches books nurture independent readers by featuring:
- Easy-to-read text
- Simple plotlines
- Plenty of context clues
- Purposeful illustrations that aid reading comprehension
3. All Branches books are Common Core ready, meaning they meet the new Common Core State Standards, which have been adopted by 45 states and 3 territories. Watch this video to learn more!
4. These books keep growing readers motivated by engaging them with fun, exciting characters and fast-paced plots!
Check out the official Branches site where you’ll find a Parent Guide, information on each of the 5 book series, tips on how to monitor your child’s reading progress, and more!