provides systematic instruction that helps children develop the habits and skills needed to become lifelong readers and writers.
With Kindergarten Place, children will:
- See themselves as readers and writers
- Meet mentors who model real-life literacy.
- Receive systematic, explicit instruction in concepts of print, phonemic awareness, phonics vocabulary, and comprehension.
- Explore and read a wide variety of books and songs such as Big Books and Read Alouds, leveled fiction and nonfiction, rhymes and chants, and alphabet books.
- Write and develop ongoing projects and workshops, and more.
Teacher Materials incliude:
- Welcome to Kindergarten Place - Handook for Teachers
- 6 Teacher Editions
- 42 Read Alouds
- 18 High-Frequency Readers (lap size)
- 18 Source Cards
- 6 My Read and Write Books (consumable/BLM)
- Assessment Handbook
- High-Frequency Readers (BLM)
- My Alphabet Book (BLM)My Books (BLM)
Classroom Materials include:
- 40 Sorting Cards
- 26 Sound and Letter Books
- 18 Big Books
- 12 WiggleWorks Readers
- 6 Alphabet Books
- Alphabet Big Book
- Big Book of Rhymes and Rhythms
- Big Book Sentence Strips
- Big Book Audiocassettes
- Phonics Songs-Audiocassettes