The Learning Center Library Starter Set
has everything you need to spark a sense of wonder in your beginning readers. Covering all aspects of the world around them, the Starter Set
is the seed of a lifetime love of reading.
Learning Center Libraries provide everything you need to open the door to real-world literacy in your classroom with...Nonfiction, informational text that builds vocabulary and expands children's knowledge base.
Hands-on activities to meet individual needs.
Instructional support and vocabulary-building opportunities for second-language learners.
Teacher resources that meet NSTA and NCSS standards.
Each Learning Center Library is neatly organized in a storage tub and includes:Teacher Materials:
- Teacher Planner includes theme overviews, vocabulary lists, bibliographies, Second-Language Support suggestions, Mini-Book patterns, and Dear Family Letters.
- 120 Learning Center Activities Book with guided and independent activities each containing Critical Thinking focus.
- Scaffolding Strategies for Second-Language Learners include assessment tools for Language Stage identification and appropriate activities for each stage.
Areas covered in Learning Center Library Starter Set include:
- 60 Emergent Readers with patterned texts and clear, inviting visuals (5 nonfiction titles for each of 6 themes; 2 copies each).
- 180 Picture Concept Cards reinforce the vocabulary and concepts introduced in the readers.
- Dramatic play
Integrate literacy across all areas of your classroom!