View Sample Pages
This 40-week planner is chockfull of resources to help teachers streamline and focus differentiated instruction. Designed by an award-winning teacher whose specialty is differentiation, this essential planner includes:
• a large planning grid with mini-planning checklists for each week
• a differentiation planning guide and lesson plan template
• quick-tip guides and checklists for:
• starting the year off right
• selecting differentiated learning tools
• tiering instruction
• working with multiple intelligences and learning modalities
• tapping higher-level thinking with Bloom's Taxonomy
• using questioning strategies
• integrating assessment
• at-a-glance calendars and student information pages
• weekly tips for differentiating instruction, management, and assessment
PLUS: Writable, customize-and-print planning grids, lesson templates, and other tools to streamline planning and save time! 96 pages CD.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher, to view and print the sample page above. Get Adobe Reader®
Tiered instruction allows all students, regardless of background knowledge or readiness, to move toward the same learning outcomes and essential understandings. For each objective we teach, some students need concrete tasks to provide basic levels of understanding (knowledge, comprehension, and application from Bloom’s Taxonomy). Others are ready for more abstract activities that require more complex thinking (analysis, evaluation, synthesis).
Get started with tiered activities by designing two or three assignments for a learning objective. Each assignment will require comparable effort toward demonstrating an essential understanding, but will vary from the other assignments in the levels of thinking required or the complexity of the task.