- Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
- Covers all studies, from Animals to American History, Geography to Science
- "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
- "Learning More" section encourages independent study
- Index makes navigating subject matter easy
8/1/04 School Library Journal
An introduction to elections from the candidate's perspective, this volume follows the stages of running for public office: planning and organizing a campaign, hiring a campaign manager, raising money, recruiting volunteers, advertising, and meeting voters. De Capua also looks at the activities of Election Day for both winners and losers. Color photos of actual candidates and campaign workers at local, state, and national levels of government illustrate the large-print text.