The 24/7: Science Behind the Scenes
series takes a look at how some of history's most intriguing crimes were solved. Each title focuses on the science and technology used to solve real-life crimes and heart-stopping mysteries. From killer wallpaper to deadly pets, from parasites to mosquitoes, these high-interest books build vocabulary, foster scientific knowledge, and develop inquiry skills through the use of charts, timelines, briefing notes, case files, primary sources, and captivating storytelling.
Watch your inquisitive students become scientific sleuths as they read actual cases, study clues, and take a shot at crime scene investigationsall while sharpening their critical thinking and analytical skills.
The series is for students in grades 8-12 with reading levels in grades 5-7.
24/7: Science Behind the Scenes
- Engages students with real-life case studies, photographs, engaging sidebars, and captivating storytelling.
- Provides scaffolded reading opportunities that support reluctant and striving readers.
- Increases students' excitement about science with high/lo books written two or more grades below level.
- Improves vocabulary, comprehension, and critical thinking skills.
- Motivates career-oriented thinking and further research, by exposing students to potential careers in science.
Visit the 24/7: Science Behind the Scenes Web site for more information.
See below for complete list of titles. Appropriate titles of equal value may be substituted if any of the listed titles are unavailable at shipping time.
• Cute, Furry, and Deadly
• Eyes in the Sky
• Help! What’s Eating My Flesh?
• Killer Lipstick
• There’s a Fungus Among Us!
• When Birds Get Flu and Cows Go Mad!
• You Have Mail