Pre-selling now! Available Spring 2014!
Authored by Dr. Irene Fountas and Dr. Gay Su Pinnell, Scholastic's Comprehension Clubs for Grades K-8 brings deep reading, deep thinking, and deep discussion to the whole class. This new full year curriculum, soon available for grades 6-8, was specifically built for the Common Core State Standards. Comprehension Clubs gives students and teachers the opportunity to talk, think and write about text through Student Book Clubs and Interactive Read Alouds. As middle school students advance in their reading abilities and develop their analytical skills, Comprehension Clubs provides teachers the scaffolding to create student-driven conversation guided by meaningful questions and diverse overarching themes. Students of all levels are given the agency to voice their opinions and share perspectives with peers.
Complete K-8 set includes:
• Teaching Guide by Fountas & Pinnell
• 270 Read Aloud picture books
• 270 Read Aloud lesson cards
• 216 Book Club titles (216 titles, 10 copies each, 2160 books)
• 216 Book Club lesson cards
• 216 Audio books
• 48 Unit folders
• 548888 Comprehension Clubs Grade K Set
• 548895 Comprehension Clubs Grade 1 Set
• 548902 Comprehension Clubs Grade 2 Set
• 548909 Comprehension Clubs Grade 3 Set
• 548916 Comprehension Clubs Grade 4 Set
• 548923 Comprehension Clubs Grade 5 Set
• 562137 Comprehension Clubs Grade 6 Set
• 562138 Comprehension Clubs Grade 7 Set
• 562136 Comprehension Clubs Grade 8 Set
Call 1-800-387-1437 for more information!