Authored by Dr. Irene Fountas and Dr. Gay Su Pinnell, Scholastic's Comprehension Clubs for Grades K-8 brings deep reading, deep thinking, and deep discussion to the whole class. This new full year curriculum, soon available for grades 6-8, was specifically built for the Common Core State Standards. Comprehension Clubs gives students and teachers the opportunity to talk, think and write about text through Student Book Clubs and Interactive Read Alouds. As middle school students advance in their reading abilities and develop their analytical skills, Comprehension Clubs provides teachers the scaffolding to create student-driven conversation guided by meaningful questions and diverse overarching themes. Students of all levels are given the agency to voice their opinions and share perspectives with peers.
Each grade level set includes:
• Teaching Guide by Fountas & Pinnell
• 30 Read Aloud picture books
• 30 Read Aloud lesson cards
• 24 Book Club titles (24 titles, 10 copies each, 240 books)
• 24 Book Club lesson cards
• 24 Audio books
• 6 Unit folders
• 564700 Comprehension Clubs Grade 8 Theme Set: Alliances
• 564701 Comprehension Clubs Grade 8 Theme Set: Transformations
• 564702 Comprehension Clubs Grade 8 Theme Set: Weird Science
• 564703 Comprehension Clubs Grade 8 Theme Set: Becoming Resilient
• 564704 Comprehension Clubs Grade 8 Theme Set: Fighting for Freedom
• 564705 Comprehension Clubs Grade 8 Theme Set: Mystery and Suspense
Call 1-800-387-1437 for more information!