- Award-winning author-photographer
- Noted translators Alma Flor Ada and F. Isabel Campoy
- Intimate, original photographs
- Children share their lives in Spanish and English
- Includes a map, family history, and cultural background
- Meets Reading First funding requirements
2/1/06 School Library Journal
Finally, bilingual nonfiction that is entertaining, interesting, replete with well-presented information, and beautifully illustrated. The fact that most of the text in each title is written from the perspective of a real child lends even more authenticity to the titles. Volumes also include illustrations drawn by the youngsters themselves. Ancona's vibrant and engaging photographs depict a spectrum of Latinos living throughout the United States. The parallel Spanish texts are polished and professional. Each book includes a map of the family's migration and vocabulary lists.